Classic Felted Vest
A snug winter vest in a warming yak khullu and sheep’s wool blend, based on an original design from Norlha Atelier. Details include irregular buttoning and large patch pockets which wrap from the front to the back.
The khullu used to make this vest comes from brown-haired yak.
This item is currently available in size M, while sizes S and L are made to order. Please see the size guide to find your correct size.
We produce limited numbers of each style to keep our manufacturing processes sustainable and to avoid overproduction. As every Norlha item is created and finished by hand by our small team of artisans, please allow two extra weeks when ordering made-to-order items.
- Composition: 70% yak khullu, 30% sheep's wool
- Base colour: Natural Dark Brown Base- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handfelted at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and wool from Tibetan highland sheep.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This vest was made using the khullu of 3 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand felted and Hand sewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 12 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 10 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.