Nomad Grid Scarf
This intensely soft oversized scarf features a subtle grid design and is woven from 100% yak khullu. Its loose weave was developed by our master weaver using only two of the four pedals on the loom.
The khullu used to make this Pine Green coloured scarf is a rare fibre, as only one in every hundred yak possesses a grey coat.
The khullu used to make this Black coloured scarf comes from brown-haired yak.
Size: 50 × 200 cm
Weight: 200 g
Finishing: 2 cm fringe
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base Colour: Grey base for Pine Green & Brown base for Black - Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 10 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.