Nomad Net Boiled Skinny Scarf
This supremely soft scarf is made from pure yak khullu and lightly boiled for a dense, fleece-like touch. Its weave and finish are the same as the Nomad Net Boiled Scarf but half the width.
- Size: 35 × 180 cm
- Weight: 130 g
- Finishing: 2cm raw fringe
Composition & care
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Golden Brown for Golden Brown Scarf and White base for Pink Scarfn
- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent..
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven
- Artisans & Processes:A team of 14 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.
THE MAKING OF
HOW TO WEAR IT YOU MIGHT LIKE RECENTLY VIEWED MORE IN THIS MATERIAL