Handspun King Throw
This luxurious blanket is handwoven from 100% yak khullu. It is exceptionally light and delicately soft, with subtly contrasting tones in yellow and brown. Its thread is masterfully handspun by a single artisan over the course of 22 days, ensuring the finest and softest yak wool thread possible.
The khullu used to make this throw is a mix of two natural base colours, white and dark brown.
Size: 110 × 220 cm
Weight: Light, 550 g
Finishing: 2 cm fringe on both ends
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White and Natural Yak Dark Brown Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your blanket in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This throw was made using the khullu of 7 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand Woven & Hand Spun
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this throw at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.