Nomad Net All Weather Throw
This deeply soft throw is made from natural brown, grey and white yak khullu. It features two contrasting panels and an interplay of weaves that create a subtly varied design. It has been boiled to give added density and a fleece-like touch.
Due to the long fibres in this weave and the brushed effect of the fabric, this throw will lightly shed fine fibres.
100% yak khullu
- Size: 110 × 220 cm
- Weight: Heavy, 1300 g
- Finishing: 2 cm boiled fringe
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White Base
- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your blanket in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 16 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand Woven
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.