Urban Bliss Herringbone
This ruggedly soft scarf is woven in a recycled yak khullu and cashmere-blend. The scarf’s uniquely ridged texture is a natural outcome of this combination of fibres.
This piece is part of a limited-edition collection of scarves and blankets created to celebrate Norlha’s 14thanniversary. Reflecting our commitment to mindful manufacturing, the pieces in this collection are made using recycled wool, yarn and fabric from our atelier.
Size: 110 × 220 cm
Weight: Light, 245 g
Finishing: 4cm hand knotted fringe
- Composition: 50% Yak Khullu, 50% Cashmere
- Base colour: Natural Dark Brown Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 15 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 13 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.