Felt Ombré Bed Cover
This immensely soft blanket is hand-felted from 100% yak khullu. It takes three Norlha artisans an entire day to create, using traditional felting techniques combined with innovations developed at the Norlha Atelier. Each blanket has a remarkable evenness across its surface and uniform weight. Norlha is the first atelier in the world to produce yak wool felt blankets of this scale and quality. This versatile piece can be used as a bed cover, sofa throw, wall hanging or picnic blanket.
The natural white khullu used to make this blanket is exceptionally rare, as only one in every thousand yak possesses a white coat. Used only occasionally at Norlha Atelier, white khullu is either left in its natural state or dyed to achieve a rich, even tone.
Size: 100 × 200 cm (standard single) and 160 × 200 cm (European king)
Weight: 100 × 200 cm throw: Medium–heavy, 800 g & 160 × 200 cm blanket: Medium–heavy, 1280 g
Finishing: Clean edges
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White Base- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 16 yak & the throw was made using the khullu of 10 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand Felt
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 11 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 7 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.