Nomad Dawn Throw (Natural White Base)
This densely warm blanket is handwoven from 100% natural white yak khullu and dyed a vivid dandelion yellow. Its loose basketweave and handspun weft create a distinctive texture across its surface. It features matted fringing along its top and bottom edges.
The natural white khullu used to make this throw is exceptionally rare, as only one in every thousand yak possesses a white coat. Used only occasionally at Norlha Atelier, white khullu is either left in its natural state or dyed to achieve a rich, even tone.
Size: 110 × 220 cm
Weight: Heavy, 1360 g
Finishing: 2cm matted fringe
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your blanket in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This throw was made using the khullu of 16 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand Woven
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 15 artisans handmade this throw at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 13 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.