Felt Sediment Cushion Cover
This felted yak wool cushion cover was handmade at Norlha Atelier using a zero-waste process. It features a distinctive geometric design on its front which echoes the natural formations of the Tibetan Plateau. Cover only; no stuffing.
100% yak khullu
- Size: 50 × 50 cm
- Weight: 160 g
- Finishing: 4 sides with clean finishing
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White and Natural Yak Dark Brown Base
- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This cushion was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: hand felt,hand sewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this cushion at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 16 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.