Children's Cropped Folk Coat
This coat follows a traditional Tibetan folk pattern and is made from hand-felted yak khullu. With a body in rich, dark red and a contrasting royal red collar, it features a wood closure at the chest, a raw edge hem and in-seam pockets. Its roomy cut and underarm gussets allow for easy layering and movement, while its sleeves can be turned up or down, allowing for continued wear as a child grows.
The khullu used to make this coat is a rare fibre, as only one in every hundred yak possesses a grey coat.
100% yak khullu
This item is currently available in size M, while sizes S and L are made to order. Please see the size guide to find your correct size.
We produce limited numbers of each style to keep our manufacturing processes sustainable and to avoid overproduction. As every Norlha item is created and finished by hand by our small team of artisans, please allow two extra weeks when ordering made-to-order items.
Weight: 310 g
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak Grey Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand sewn
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.