Landscape Prince Scarf
This immensely soft scarf is made of the world’s finest yak khullu in Natural Dark Brown and Navy, woven to create a two-toned striped design. It features decorative Navy fringing in irregularly shaped horizontal bands along its length, woven to echo the mountain ranges of the Tibetan Plateau. The incredibly delicate thread of this scarf can only be woven by master weavers at Norlha Atelier.
Size: 50 x 180 cm
Finishing: 7 cm knotted fringes
- Composition: 100% Yak khullu
- Base Colour: Natural Grey & Dark Brown Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 1 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 15 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 13 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.