Engulfing and sumptuous, this oversized shawl in 100% yak wool offers warmth and protective comfort. With a luxuriously long fringe and an elongated back hem, it can be worn like a blanket, with its generous draping either wrapped around or slung over the body.
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base Colour: Dark Brown base for Black, Natural Grey Base for Natural Yak Grey.- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This shawl was made using the khullu of 9 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand sewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 17 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 15 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.