Girls Wrap Dress
This wrap dress follows a traditional Tibetan folk pattern and is made from a feather-light yak khullu and silk blend. It features a deep hem for extra weighted drape, and fastens with a ribbon tie at the chest. With ample godets at the sides and a large back pleat, its relaxed cut allows for easy movement.
The khullu used to make this dress is an exceptionally rare fibre, as only one in every thousand yak possesses a white coat.
This item is currently available in size M, while sizes S and L are made to order. Please see the size guide to find your correct size.
We produce limited numbers of each style to keep our manufacturing processes sustainable and to avoid overproduction. As every Norlha item is created and finished by hand by our small team of artisans, please allow two extra weeks when ordering made-to-order items.
Weight: 180 g
- Composition: 50% yak khullu, 50% silk
- Base colour: Natural White Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand sewn
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.