Grey Felted Feather Scarf
This delicately textured double-sided scarf is made from repurposed handwoven fabrics from Norlha Atelier. To create this scarf, our artisans felt a basket woven yak khullu and silk-blend fabric onto a 100% yak khullu fibre, a technique only possible in hand-crafted items.
This piece is part of a limited-edition collection of scarves and blankets created to celebrate Norlha’s 14thanniversary. Reflecting our commitment to mindful manufacturing, the pieces in this collection are made using recycled wool, yarn and fabric from our atelier.
Size: 60 × 180 cm
Weight: Light, 200 g
Finishing: Clean edge
- Composition: 100% yak khullu & 50% Yak Khullu, 50% Silk
- Base colour: Natural Grey Base- Care: Dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 3 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand Felted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 18 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 15 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.