This children's beanie is hand-knitted from 100% yak khullu. It features a wide rib and a pompom at the top, and offers exceptional warmth through the colder months.
The khullu used to make this beanie is an exceptionally rare fibre, as only one in every thousand yak possesses a white coat.
Sizing: One size
Weight: 100 g
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White Base- Care: Use a mild detergent and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 5 minutes. Rinse before gently squeezing out excess water; do not twist or wring dry. Wrap in a dry towel and compress to remove further moisture. Dry flat on a fresh towel away from direct sunlight. During the warmer months, clean and store your knitwear in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Hand-knitted at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This beanie was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handknit
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 8 artisans handmade this knitted piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 8 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.