This sumptuously soft heavyweight winter cape has an oversized silhouette for ultimate winter warmth and comfort. It features a navy blue neck piece in a ribbed knit that buttons at the back and sits high for extra warmth. Its asymmetrical hem is hand-finished.
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base Colour: Natural Grey Base.- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This shawl was made using the khullu of 13 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven, Handknitted and Handsewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 19 artisans handmade this piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 17 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.