Nomad Dense Boiled Rider Scarf
This intensely soft scarf is made from pure yak khullu in a thick, warm weave. It features a striped design and irregular, gently rippled raw edges. The finished fabric is boiled for added density and a fleece-like touch.
These Nomad pieces have undergone an additional process of boiling transforming as their fibres expand and compress and creating extra tightness and density in the weave.
100% Yak Khullu
- Size: 35 x 190 cm
- Weight:290 g
- Finishing: No fringe, wonky edge
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Dark Brown & Grey Base
- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 4 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.