Rays Baby Playmat
This generously sized yak khullu baby playmat is hand-felted in a heavy, durable weight to give comfort and protection to infants during playtime. It has a gently mottled tone and features an irregular grid design with a raw edge along its four sides.
100% yak khullu
- Size: 110 × 110 cm
- Weight: Medium, 968 g
- Finishing: Raw edge
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White Base
- Care: Dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 12 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand felted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 11 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 7 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.