Hand-Felted Baby Booties
These yak khullu booties offer gentle warmth and protection for babies. They are hand-felted and moulded from natural white yak khullu using a unique, zero-waste process mastered by Norlha artisans.
Sizing: 6–9 months
Weight: 33 g
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White Base- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handfelted at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: These pull ups were made using the khullu of 0.5 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handfelt
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 7 artisans handmade this knitted piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 7 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.