Nomad Hand Knitted Scarf
This luxurious ribbed scarf is hand-knitted by a highly-skilled Norlha artisan over 15 days. It is made from natural dark brown yak khullu and features set-in knit pockets at both ends, which close with a tonal brown horn button.
Size: 35 × 180 cm
Weight: 460 g
Finishing: Raw edge
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base Colour: Natural Yak Dark Brown Base- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 6 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handknitted
Artisans & Processes: A team of 8 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 8 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.