Felt Cascade Bed Cover
Hand-made using a zero-waste process, this bed cover is felted from pure yak khullu. It takes two days to create using traditional felting techniques combined with innovations developed at Norlha Atelier. Its design is inspired by the colourful striped pangden (traditional aprons) worn by women across central Tibet.
This bed cover is made to last. With proper care, it will give warmth and protection decade after decade.
Size: 160 × 200 cm
Weight: Heavy, 1280g
Finishing: Clean edges
- Composition: 100% Yak Khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White, Grey, Golden Brown and Dark Brown Base - Care: Eco Dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This bed cover was made using the khullu of 17 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handfelted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 11 artisans handmade this bed cover at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 7 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.