Nomad Classic Felt Cushion
This felted yak wool cushion cover was handmade at Norlha Atelier using a zero-waste process. It features a raw edge along its four edges and an invisible zipper. The khullu used to make this Sand cushion is an exceptionally rare fibre, as only one in every thousand yak possesses a white coat.
The khullu used to make these Midnight cushion, Clay cushion and Natural Yak Grey cushion is a rare fibre, as only one in every hundred yak possesses a grey coat.
Size: 50 × 50 cm
Weight: 180 g
Finishing: 4 sides with Raw edges and topstitch
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White and Natural Yak Grey Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your blanket in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This cushion was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: hand felt,hand sewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this cushion at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 16 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.