Nomad Trails Shawl
Using only two of the four peddles on the loom, our Master weaver developed this loose weave resulting in an especially soft oversized wraparound shawl. The Burgundy shawl features details of handspun threads woven through it.
100% yak khullu
- Size: 110 x 220 cm
- Weight:450 g
- Finishing: 2cm fringe
- Composition: 100% Yak khullu
- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.