Overfelt Butter Scarf
This midweight scarf is deeply insulating and soft. To create its double-faced design, Norlha artisans hand-felt pure yak khullu onto a fine yak khullu and silk-blend gauze. This unique process adds strength to the weave and creates a textural and tonal variance in the finished fabric.
Size: 50 x 175 cm
Weight: 360 g
Finishing: 1cm fringe
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Grey & White Base
- Care: Eco dry clean only
- Provenance: Handfelted at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 4 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 19 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 16 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.