Overfelt Prince Scarf
This delicately textured scarf is made of 100% yak khullu. To create its double-faced design, Norlha artisans hand-felt soft, natural grey khullu to a loosely basket woven fabric. This felting process adds strength to the weave and creates a subtle textural and tonal variance.
Size: 50 × 175 cm
Weight: 180 g
Finishing: 2cm matted fringes
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: White & Grey Base for Natural Yak Grey & White Scarf and Brown & Grey Base for Black Scarf- Care: Eco dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handfelted at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand Felted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 19 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 16 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.