Overfelt Twilight Neck Warmer
This neck warmer is made from a pure yak khullu woven base that has been over-felted with additional khullu to give extra warmth and density. The finished fabric is boiled for a fleece-like touch. It can be knotted snugly around the neck or pinned for a looser fit.
- Size: 15.5 x 80 cm
- Weight:200 g
- Finishing: 3 cm boiled fringes
Composition & care
- Composition: 100% Yak Khullu
- Base colour: Natural Dark Brown Base
- Care: Eco dry clean only
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 3 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven
- Artisans & Processes:A team of 18 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 15 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.
THE MAKING OF
HOW TO WEAR IT YOU MIGHT LIKE RECENTLY VIEWED MORE IN THIS MATERIAL