Overfelt River Throw
This 100% yak khullu throw is made using an over-felting technique developed at Norlha Atelier. To create its double-faced design, Norlha artisans hand-felt khullu fibre onto a loosely woven khullu fabric. This unique process adds strength to the weave and creates a textural and tonal variance in the finished fabric. The blanket’s felted side features a striking design with a blurred block of sky blue. The throw is finished with long, raw fringing.
Size: 110 x 220 cm
Weight: Medium, 1060g
Finishing: 8cm raw fringes
- Composition: 100% Yak Khullu
- Base colour: Natural White Base- Care: Eco Dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 14 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven & Handfelted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 18 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 15 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.