Overfelt Graze Blanket
This delicately textured blanket is made from 100% yak khullu. To create its double-faced design, Norlha artisans hand-felt natural grey khullu fibre onto a basket-woven fabric. This process – unique to Norlha Atelier – gives the blanket added density and warmth while adding strength to the weave and creating a subtle textural and tonal variance in the finished fabric.
Size: 140 × 220 cm
Weight: Medium, 950g
Finishing: 2cm matted fringe
- Composition: 100% Yak Khullu
- Base colour: Natural White Base for King Red & Natural Grey and White base for Grey and White Blanket- Care: Eco Dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 13 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven & Handfelted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 18 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 15 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.