Ribbed Wrist Warmers
Hand-knitted wrist warmers in 100% yak wool. With a snug fit and thumb-hole, they offer cosy warmth and comfort through the colder months.
The khullu used to make these wrist warmers comes from brown-haired and grey yak.
Sizing: One size
Weight: 40 g
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Grey Base for Natural Yak Grey & Dark Brown Base for Natural Yak Brown- Care: Use a mild detergent and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 5 minutes. Rinse before gently squeezing out excess water; do not twist or wring dry. Wrap in a dry towel and compress to remove further moisture. Dry flat on a fresh towel away from direct sunlight. During the warmer months, clean and store your knitwear in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Hand-knitted at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: These wrist warmers were made using the khullu of half a yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handknit
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 8 artisans handmade this knitted piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 8 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.