Feather Waterfall Scarf
A softly textured yak khullu and silk-blend summer scarf. Its distinctive design features a centre panel of naturally pleated fabric, an effect which is created by the balance between the yak wool and silk in its weave. The scarf’s side panels have a higher concentration of silk, which tightens the weave, creating a smoother surface. In lightly contrasting shades, this scarf has a light sheen owing to its high percentage of silk.
Size: 70 × 190 cm
Weight: 115 g
Finishing: Hand-sewn hem
- Composition: 50% yak khullu, 50% silk
- Base Colour: Dark Brown base for Autumn Leaf. White Base for Sky Blue & Gold Yellow Scarf - Care: Avoid ironing to keep the scarf's pleated effect. Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 1 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 15 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 13 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.