This lightweight cape has an silhouette and drapes over the body with a fluid form. It features an oversized panel at the neck that, can be worn like a scarf or left to hang loosely. The cape can be joined at both sides with a button to create generous, roomy sleeves. It is finished with a contrast hem made from pure white yak khullu. This fabric is made using an overfelting technique developed at Norlha Atelier, in which yak khullu is felted onto a woven yak wool textile, creating a subtle, double-faced finish.
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base Colour: Natural Yak Grey and White Base.- Care: Eco Dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This shawl was made using the khullu of 4 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handfelted and Hand sewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 17 artisans handmade this piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 15 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.