Naturals Handspun Scarf
This midweight scarf is handwoven from pure yak khullu. Its yarn is masterfully handspun by a single artisan over the course of 15 days, ensuring the finest and softest yak wool thread possible. The fabric is made in a loose weave that gives the scarf exceptional breathability and lightness. The weave combines natural white, grey, and brown khullu to create a subtle interplay of contrasting shades.
Size: 50 x 190 cm
Weight: 350 g
Finishing: 2 cm fringe
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural White, Grey & Dark Brown Base - Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 5 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique:Handspun and Handwoven
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.