Nomad Grid Scarf
This intensely soft scarf is made from pure yak khullu in a thick, weave. It features a checked design and a gently rippled edge. The finished fabric is boiled for added density and a fleece-like touch. With its extra long length and narrow width, it can be wrapped around the neck twice and knotted at the front for ultimate winter warmth.
Size: 17 × 220 cm
Finishing: 2 cm fringe
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Grey Base for Grey Hair Scarf & White Base for Sage Scarf - Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.