Nomad All Weather Scarf
The khullu used to make this Cherry coloured scarf comes a mix from brown-haired yak and white-haired yak.
The khullu used to make this Grey Fog coloured scarf is an exceptionally rare fibre, as only one in every thousand yak possesses a white coat.
The khullu used to make this Fossil Blue coloured scarf is a mix of brown-haired yak and grey-haired yak.
Size: 70 × 190 cm
Weight: 270 g
Finishing: 2 cm fringe
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base Colour: White & Brown base for Cherry, White base for Grey Fog & White, Grey & Brown base for Fossil Blue- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 3 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.