Celebrating craft and conservation, this limited collection of eight, individually numbered blankets marks the atelier’s 16th. Created from unused sections of hand-woven fabrics and scarves that have been carefully saved and archived at the atelier since Norlha began. Each blanket is a patchwork of yak khullu and silk-blend fabrics which have been hand-felted with a thin layer of yak or sheep’s wool before being hand-stitched together.
85% yak khullu, 15% Silk
- Size: 120 x 225 cm
- Weight: 700g
- Finishing: Irregular edges
- Composition: 85% Yak Khullu,15% Silk
- Care: Eco dry clean only
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Technique: Hand-woven / Hand-Felted
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.