Passage Felted Scarf
This double-sided scarf features a fine yak khullu and silk gauze, which is felted onto a fibre made from 100% yak khullu. The combined fabrics create a delicate textural and tonal contrast accentuated by the scarf’s raw fringing. A split at the neck allows for one end of the scarf to be threaded through the other.
Size: 35 × 140 cm
Weight: 120 g
Finishing: 2cm Raw edges
- Composition: 80% Yak Khullu, 20% Silk
- Base Colour: Natural Yak White Base- Care: Eco dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handfelted at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 1 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand Felted
- Artisans & Processes:A team of 19 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 16 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.