This lightweight handfelted overcoat has an oversized, floor-length silhouette and mottled tone. It is constructed with a single seam at the side and shoulder, with generous folding lapels and a stand collar that sits high on the neck. It is made using a zero-waste hand-felting process mastered by Norlha artisans. With cocooned sleeves and an open front, it is ideal for winter layering.
Sizing: This item is currently available in size M, while sizes S and L are made to order. Please see the size guide to find your correct size.We produce limited numbers of each style to keep our manufacturing processes sustainable and to avoid overproduction. As every Norlha item is created and finished by hand by our small team of artisans, please allow two extra weeks when ordering made-to-order items.
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural White & Dark Brown Base- Care: Eco dry clean only
- Provenance: Handfelted at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This shawl was made using the khullu of 8 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handfelted and Handsewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 10 artisans handmade this piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 10 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.