These winter gloves are handknitted from pure yak khullu and feature ribbed cuffs that extend to the elbows for insulating protection and warmth.
S / M
M / L
Weight: 152 g
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak Grey Base - Care: Use a mild detergent and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 5 minutes. Rinse before gently squeezing out excess water; do not twist or wring dry. Wrap in a dry towel and compress to remove further moisture. Dry flat on a fresh towel away from direct sunlight. During the warmer months, clean and store your knitwear in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handknitted at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: These gloves were made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handknitted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 8 artisans handmade this knitted piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 8 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.