Mushroom Quilt Scarf
This textured yak khullu and silk-blend scarf is made using a unique process that combines Norlha's Feather Light scarves with a brightly coloured yak wool layer in between. The fabrics are quilted together and washed, which allows the wool to emerge through the delicate weave of the Feather Light scarves, creating a highly distinctive finish.
The khullu used to make this scarf is a mix of three natural base colours, white, grey and dark brown.
Size: 40 × 150 cm
Weight: 350 g
Finishing: Raw side edges
- Composition: 50% yak khullu, 50% silk
- Base Colour: Natural Yak White, Grey & Dark Brown Base- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 3 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand Quilted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 17 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 15 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.