Village Tassels Square Scarf
A yak khullu and silk scarf with handspun yak wool in its weft and silk in its warp. Woven in a square shape with hand-sewn tassels on all four corners.
85% yak khullu, 15% silk
- Size: 120 × 120 cm
- Weight: 170 g
- Finishing: 7 cm tasseld on each corner, spanning 5cm along the edge
Composition & care
- Composition: 85% yak khullu, 15% silk
- Base Colour: Natural Dark Brown Basefor Black Scarf & White Base for Natural White Scarf
- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This scarf was made using the khullu of 2 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven
- Artisans & Processes:A team of 15 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 13 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.
THE MAKING OF
HOW TO WEAR IT YOU MIGHT LIKE RECENTLY VIEWED MORE IN THIS MATERIAL