A seamless, raw-felted yak wool vest in natural grey and white khullu. Hand-felted and moulded at Norlha Atelier using a zero-waste process, this piece demonstrates remarkable craftsmanship and skill. With seamless pockets and a high neck, the vest’s lighter yak wool forms a cross-shaped design which traces the circumference of the body.
This item is currently available in size M, while sizes S and L are made to order. Please see the size guide to find your correct size.
We produce limited numbers of each style to keep our manufacturing processes sustainable and to avoid overproduction. As every Norlha item is created and finished by hand by our small team of artisans, please allow two extra weeks when ordering made-to-order items.
- Composition: 70% yak khullu, 30% sheep's wool
- Base colour: Natural Yak Grey Base- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handfelted at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and wool from Tibetan highland sheep.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This vest was made using the khullu of 3 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand felted and Hand sewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 9 artisans handmade this scarf at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 7 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.