Children's Nomad Coat
This coat is adapted from the traditional Tibetan children’s chuba and woven in natural brown yak khullu. It is made to be wrapped snuggly around the body with its handwoven waistband. Its high wrap collar and long sleeves give added warmth and protection from the elements. It features a closure at the chest, in-seam pockets, and a maroon hand-felted brooch.
The khullu used to make this coat comes from brown-haired yak.
100% yak khullu
This item is currently available in size M, while sizes S and L are made to order. Please see the size guide to find your correct size.
We produce limited numbers of each style to keep our manufacturing processes sustainable and to avoid overproduction. As every Norlha item is created and finished by hand by our small team of artisans, please allow two extra weeks when ordering made-to-order items.
Weight: 220 g
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Dark Brown Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand sewn
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.