Superwrap Handspun Blanket (Natural White Base)
This luxurious blanket is handwoven from 100% natural white yak khullu. Its thread is masterfully handspun by a single artisan over the course of 11 days, ensuring the finest and softest yak wool thread possible. Its dense weave offers rugged warmth and a comforting weight which is ideal for the colder months. The degree of care taken in its creation ensures it will last long enough to be kept and passed onto future generations.
The khullu used to make this blanket is an exceptionally rare fibre, as only one in every thousand yak possesses a white coat.
Size: 120 × 250 cm
Weight: Medium, 1060 g
Finishing: 1cm fringe on two ends
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your blanket in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 14 yaks Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand Woven & Hand Spun
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.