These moulded felt cuffs are made from pure yak khullu using a zero-waste process. Light and snug, they seal off the cold, offering exceptional warmth and comfort through the colder months.
S / M
M / L
Weight: 30 g
Composition & care
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Brown & White Base
- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handfelted at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: These felted cuffs were made using the khullu of 1 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handfelted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 12 artisans handmade this felted piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 10 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.
THE MAKING OF
HOW TO WEAR IT YOU MIGHT LIKE RECENTLY VIEWED MORE IN THIS MATERIAL