Handspun Nostalgia Cushion Cover
This cushion cover is handwoven in a yak wool and cashmere blend. Its handspun thread creates a wave-like, textured surface which pairs with the thick, irregular fringing on two of its sides. It is finished with a plain weave on its back and an invisible zip. Cover only; no stuffing.
The khullu used to make this cushion is a mix of two natural base colours, white and grey.
Size: 50 × 50 cm
Weight: 500 g
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White and Natural Yak Grey Base- Care: Dry clean only
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
-Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This cushion was made using the khullu of 6 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: hand felt,hand sewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 15 artisans handmade this cushion at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 17 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.