Children's Hooded Poncho
This warming poncho is made from a single woven panel of 100% yak khullu with a cosy drawstring hood and fringing at the base. The poncho’s loose weave is boiled for added softness and a fleece-like touch. With a longer length than our Children’s Classic Poncho, it offers blanket-like cosiness and comfort.
The khullu used to make this poncho is exceptionally rare, as only one in every thousand yak possesses a white coat.
100% yak khullu
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural White Base- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier on the Tibetan Plateau using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Technique: Handwoven and Hand sewn
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.