Nomad Pastures Throw
This intensely soft throw is made from 100% yak khullu. It features delicate, cropped fringing along its four sides. The fabric is two-ply, which gives it extra density and plushness. The finished fabric is boiled for a fleece-like touch and finished with a brushed effect.
Please note: Due to the long fibres in its weave, this throw might lightly shed.
100% yak khullu
- Size: 120 x 220 cm
- Weight: Heavy, 1260g
- Finishing: 4 sided fringe
- Composition: 100% Yak Khullu
- Base colour: Natural Grey Base
- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your blanket in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This blanket was made using the khullu of 17 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 14 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 12 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.