Felt Land Bed Cover
Hand-made using a zero-waste process, this bed cover is felted from pure yak khullu. It takes three days to create using traditional felting techniques combined with innovations developed at Norlha Atelier. It is made using three natural shades of khullu (white, golden brown and dark brown). Its design features an uneven arrangement of rectangular blocks in these three natural tones.
This bed cover is made to last. With proper care, it will give warmth and protection decade after decade.
100% yak khullu
- Size: 160 × 200 cm
- Weight: Heavy, 1280g
- Finishing: Irregular edges
- Composition: 100% Yak Khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White, Golden Brown and Dark Brown Base
- Care: Eco Dry clean only.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This bed cover was made using the khullu of 17 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handfelted
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 11 artisans handmade this bed cover at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 7 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.