Feather Long Sleeve Top
This top is woven from fine yak khullu and silk, which, when blended, create a crinkled texture in the weave. It has a flattering boat neck, an oversized length that falls below the hips, and long sleeves that flow over the wrists. Its casual, straight fit flows easily over the body, with its natural crinkles expanding and contracting with movement. It is finished with raw edges and hand-stitched details at the neckline.
This piece is made to order. Please allow two extra weeks for delivery.
This piece is made to order. Please allow two extra weeks for delivery. Please see the size guide to find your correct size.
- Composition: 30% yak khullu, 70% silk
- Base colour: Natural White Base
- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, dry clean or machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron. During the warmer months, clean and store your scarf in a ziplock bag, preferably with moth repellent.
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives and responsibly sourced silk from Zhejiang.
- Base colour: Yaks typically have a dark brown coat, but they can also be found in grey and, very rarely, in golden brown and white. Our artisans work with all four yak wool shades, which are either left in their natural state, combined to create different tones, or dyed.
- Yak khullu: This piece was made using the khullu of 1 yak. Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Handwoven and Handsewn
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 17 artisans handmade this piece at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 15 highly specialised processes.
- Shipping: All orders are packed with care and shipped from our atelier on the Tibetan Plateau.